Animal Aid of Portland is seeking an individual with experience in organizing and managing events to help coordinate the planning and execution of Animal Aid’s outreach and fundraising events, plus other special events as they arise. This is a non-paid volunteer role.
- Oversee all logistical aspects of Animal Aid’s events, including community outreach events, Dine & Donate fundraisers, photo fundraisers, donation drives, garage sales, and other events as they arise.
- Outline, assign, and track responsibilities related to each event through to actual event delivery/completion.
- Manage, motivate, and support the work of the event committee members.
- Lead quarterly events committee meetings to plan and execute upcoming events. Lead additional event meetings as needed.
- Encourage new ideas for fundraising events. Vet the viability of these new ideas with the Operations Director.
- Communicate regularly to the events volunteers and welcome new volunteers interested in becoming involved with Animal Aid events.
- Collaborate with the marketing committee on the creation and distribution of all necessary promotional materials and signage/decor for each event.
- In collaboration with the Operations Director, ensure that events are successfully promoted to the appropriate target communities. Seek the cooperation and collaboration of other volunteer committee members as appropriate to target messages to different constituencies.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills. Ability to interact in a timely and appropriate manner with a diverse array of volunteers, community partners, and members of the public.
- Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail, and follow-through.
- High-energy; self-motivated; operates with an appropriate sense of urgency.
- General digital literacy, including experience with web-based applications like the Google Suite (Google Docs, Sheets, etc.) and the Microsoft Suite (Word, Excel, etc.)
Interested in learning more? Email firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you!