Administrative volunteers are a vital part of Animal Aid and help with the day-to-day shelter operations. This opportunity can help build your professional resume. Administrative volunteers assist with reception duties, including greeting guests, answering phone calls and voicemails, data entry, filing, working on the newsletter and marketing materials, accepting donations, and much more.
- Volunteer shifts are scheduled between 11:00 am and 4:00 pm, Monday through Friday
- We prefer you commit to one shift per week, but if not, we can put you on a list for Special Projects and you can come in when you’re available to help.
We’re looking for people with professional skills, including event planning, marketing, finance, building maintenance, and more.
The events committee is in charge of managing and coordinating a variety of large and small Animal Aid outreach and fundraising events. Examples include Pet Fete, dining fundraisers, event booths, and photo fundraisers. The committee also promotes these events through flyers, emails, and social media.
- Hours vary per month based on event(s). Events are often held on weekends. Monthly event meetings are held on weeknights.
- One or more of the following skills: event planning, outreach, fundraising, and marketing.
The finance committee provides financial oversight for the organization. Typical task areas include budgeting and financial planning, financial reporting, and the creation and monitoring of internal controls and accountability policies. The finance committee is responsible for the following:
- Developing and monitoring the operating budget
- Setting long-range financial goals
- Determine investment strategies
- Develop financial policies
- 2-4 hours per quarter commitment for quarterly meeting and projects
- Understanding of finances and budgets
The facilities committee oversees the facility, property, equipment, and maintenance of the building and technology for Animal Aid. Projects include tracking monthly and yearly maintenance, building renovations, technology purchases, landscaping, and more.
- 1.5 hour monthly meetings on a weeknight; various hours depending on project(s) or sub-committee.
- We’d love anyone interested in interior design, building maintenance, or who enjoys transforming spaces.
- Experience in project management, architecture, or contract work are a plus.
Social Media Team
Social media is very important to the promotion of Animal Aid. We actively maintain Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram. Not only do we inform the public of our organization, we showcase our animals who are searching for their forever homes.
- 1 hour every two months for meetings on weeknights
- Time for content creation and posting
- Thorough experience with Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram and willingness to spend time with animals at the shelter to create apt posts.
Although we have not formally established a marketing committee, we are looking for those with marketing experience to form a committee that could oversee Animal Aid communications and promotions. We would likely incorporate our social media team into such a committee and help other committees with their promotions as well.
- 1 hour meeting weeknights
- One or more of the following skills: marketing, communications, public relations, social media, graphic design, or photography.