After two years of remodeling our facility inside and out, it’s time to share the Shelter TransFURmation with you! Join us at Animal Aid (5335 SW 42nd Avenue) on Saturday, July 20, from 11:00-4:00 to see the developments first hand and meet our adoptables. Mark your calendars and click here to RSVP.
Phase I (2017): We broke ground on our remodel in July 2017, starting with the lower level of our shelter. Prior to the remodel, this floor was primarily used as storage space. Now, it has been transformed into an operational level of the shelter and includes 2 cat intake rooms, a refurbished dog kennel, a conference room for meetings and small events, an animal care supply storage space, a laundry nook, and a new bathroom.
Phase 2 (2018): In 2018, we fully renovated the upper level of the shelter, creating new animal care and administrative spaces and enhancing existing spaces with new windows, flooring, and more. Remodeled elements of this floor include 3 new cat suites, 1 new office, and 14 redesigned rooms, with highlights such as garden windows, bench seating, and a giant cat tree in our largest free-roam room.
Landscaping (2019): The last part of our remodel focused on the exterior beautification of our shelter, including new and enhanced green spaces surrounding the shelter and a new pedestrian path between parking lots for enhanced safety and comfort.
There’s still time to join in the TransFURmation and help us recuperate the cost of our remodel! We have adoption rooms and other shelter spaces available for sponsorship, as well as charms available for our donor wall.
Sponsors receive naming rights for a room, suite, or cat condo for a minimum of 10 years! Our staff will work with you to choose a space and determine the perfect name to immortalize a special animal or person in your life. Each sponsored room will have a sign with the name of the room and sponsor at its entrance, and condos will have a plaque attached to the door.
Adoptable spaces include:
- Main Free-Roam Cat Room: $15,000 sponsorship
- Walking Path & Landscaping: $7,500 sponsorship
- Reception: $5,000 sponsorship
- Cat Intake Rooms (two available): $5,000 sponsorship
- Kitchen: $5,000 sponsorship
- Buffet Station: $5,000 sponsorship
- Laundry Nook & Restroom: $5,000 sponsorship
- Restrooms (two available): $5,000 sponsorship
- Main Room Cat Condo (1 available): $1,000 sponsorship
- Cat Intake Condos (8 available): $1,000 sponsorship
Adopt-a-Room naming rights will be considered on a first come, first served basis. Each sponsor will work with shelter staff to complete a Gift Agreement that both parties are happy with. All room/condo names must be approved by Animal Aid’s Board of Directors.
If you are interested in adopting a room, please contact Paige España, Director of Operations, at 503-808-9435 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
A Charmed Life Donor Wall
This display will be a part of our largest free-roam cat room. Each sponsor will have an individual charm engraved with their name or that of a beloved pet or person they would like to honor. Sponsorship levels include:
- Bronze Paw Print (2″ diameter, inscription up to 12 characters): $150 donation
- Silver Paw Print (3″ diameter, inscription up to 18 characters): $250 donation
- Gold Paw Print (4″ diameter, inscription up to 24 characters): $500 donation
- Red Heart (6″ diameter, inscription up to 36 characters): $1,000 donation
For more details about our donor recognition wall, please contact Paige España, Director of Operations, at 503-808-9435 or at email@example.com.
Any amount you can donate is so appreciated! Please click on the icon below to make a donation in the amount of your choosing: