Animal Aid’s Dog Jog & Kitty Fit Virtual 5K is a charity race where you get to pick how and when you complete your steps. Whether you prefer to hit the treadmill, add up the miles running errands, or join Animal Aid for walks in the park, the choice is all yours. The best part? No matter where you live, you can be a part of the fitness, fundraising, and fun!
Help us meet our goal of raising $10,000 for the animals at our shelter and across Portland! The virtual run is open from May 1 to June 2, and we’ll be hosting three dog-friendly walks in the park throughout the month to help you add up the miles! Plus, we’ve built in prize incentives to help empower your fitness and fundraising. See below for all the details!
At the end of the race, meet us at Multnomah Village’s Lucky Lab for a post-workout party, the Finish Line Bash, where we’ll have all-you-can-eat pizza and salad, live music, awards and raffles, and fun activities for the whole family. The Finish Line Bash takes place on Saturday, June 3, from noon-2:00 p.m. and is open to everyone ($10 cover charge for non-participants; 5K participants get in free!).
- Virtual Run: May 1 – June 2 (anywhere, anytime!)
- Finish Line Bash: June 3, noon–2:00 p.m., at Lucky Lab (7675 SW Capitol Hwy. Portland, OR 97219)
How it works (in three easy steps!):
Step 1: Register online at: https://www.crowdrise.com/DogJogKittyFitVirtual5K
Registration is $35 for adults and $20 for youth 16 and under (plus a small processing fee). All participants will receive a lapel pin with our virtual 5K logo and a seat at the Finish Line Bash, which includes all-you-can-eat pizza and salad.
Step 2: Create a fundraising page as an individual or a team (or join an existing team). Set your fundraising goal and share your fundraising page on Facebook, Twitter, or anywhere else that allows you to connect with friends, family, and your community. We’ve built in fundraising incentives to help you get started:
We’ve built in fundraising incentives to help you get started:
- Raise $50 and be entered into a raffle for the chance to name an Animal Aid cat or dog.
- Raise $100 and earn incentive #1 plus an official Dog Jog & Kitty Fit t-shirt.
- Raise $200 and receive incentives #1 and #2 plus an Animal Aid-branded water bottle.
We also have a fabulous grand prize for the individual or team who raises the most funds by the end of the race: a week-long stay at a Cannon Beach house! Three additional runner-up prizes will be awarded.
Step 3: Get a workout & have fun doing it, with the option to join the Animal Aid crew for dog-friendly walks in the park:
- Saturday, May 6, from 10:00-11:00 a.m. at Mt Tabor Park. Please click here for more details.
- Saturday, May 13, from 10:00-11:00 a.m. at Gabriel Park. Please click here for more details.
- Monday, May 29, from 10:00-11:00 a.m. at Laurelhurst Park. Please click here for more details.
Have more questions? Check out our FAQ page for this event.
Animal Aid’s Dog Jog & Kitty Fit Virtual 5K is sponsored by:
With in-kind donation support from: